Still white
The snow is still covering pretty well, luckily the roads are in decent shape.This morning I went to water aerobics, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I am working at home today. Hub is at work and the boy went with his grandpa for a few days, so things are quiet around here.
Today I am making Ali's ribolitta soup for dinner. Hub thought it sounded good. And since it makes 8 large servings that means enough to freeze for another meal as well as enough to send for mom & MIL. Since my mom doesn't really cook, I am trying to send meals over so things are a bit easier while MIL is staying there.
MIL has a follow-up with the dr. Wednesday - hopefully that goes well. Next weekend we'll be moving her back to her place. She can't drive for 6 weeks, but mom said she would drive her to appts & stuff. Hub can take her over a plate dinner so she has a hot meal that's nutritious. And she can do some simple cooking for herself as well.
I get so frustrated. We were going to give her some cash for Christmas, but ended up helping pay for her prescriptions - to the tune of about twice the amount of cash we intended to give her. When I made the comment on Xmas morning that we didn't give her cash (in addition to her gifts) it was because of what we payed toward her prescriptions. Do you think she thanked us for doing that? Ever? Of course not. At the time, she just got a funny look on her face and changed the subject. I know it sounds ugly, but I told hub I'm tired of paying for stuff for her and her acting like an ungrateful 12 year old. IMO next time she needs something, I think it's BIL's turn to front some cash. I mean, we've spent like $1000 on her this year - far more than we've spent on our son. And far more than we could afford.
Okay, that's my gripe. I need to get to the library today to pick up some books. And do a bit of cleaning. And work of course!
The scale hadn't moved again this morning. :-( I'm getting frustrated. I felt like I ate a lot Xmas day, so yesterday I didn't eat until I was genuinely hungry (1 pm). I ate very light yesterday to offset the day before. I know for me the scale tends to stay the same for 2-3 days, then show this huge drop, rather than small steady increments. So hopefully tomorrow we'll be back on the decline.
Food today:
pre workout - slice of toast with homemade pb
post workout- green drink with frozen banana, spinach (trying to use it up before I start using the kale), 1 Tbsp ground flax, cinnamon, green powder, and a touch of stevia.
The plan for lunch is a salad with hummus.
Dinner is a salad and vegan ribolitta soup (with white beans & veggies).
Stay warm!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sorry to hear about your snow we were actually spared most of the storm.
I am also sorry to hear about your MIL. That doesn't sound like the best situation.
The scale will move just keep doing the right things and it will happen. ;-)
I hope you like the soup. It is very filling I recommend starting with a small serving.
talk to you later,
Ali
Post a Comment