Start of the school year
Overall, the post vacation/start of the school year seems to be going better than normal. My eating is getting back to normal, I’m getting up at 5 and walking every morning, and I seem to have a decent plan for meals – making a double batch of something (casserole on the weekend, something in the crock pot Monday) and then having it for both Monday and Wednesday nights. This frees up those 2 nights for spin class. No, I haven’t gotten back to spin class, but my house is largely back in order, my habits are falling back in place, and I’ll be back at the gym in the next couple of weeks. Baby steps.
I think I mentioned it – my company is sponsoring a “Financial Peace University” class for 25 employees. Names were drawn by lottery, and I got picked! It’s 13 weeks long. Every week we watch a 1 hour-ish dvd by Dave Ramsey, then we spend an hour talking about how to apply these principles in our lives, discuss where we are, goals – etc. So it can get fairly personal, but so far its okay. Luckily, no one from my department is in there with me. A girl I work with went through the last one and said it was great. Our spouses get to attend as well. It’s so great to finally be getting on the same page about money! I think this is a really good program.
The boy seems to be enjoying public school – he’s happier, he’s doing his chores and schoolwork with less argument (hopefully that will last!), and he’s getting up in the morning! Knock on wood!
Anyway, things have been kinda stressful with the whole back to school plus some (potential) re-structuring coming at work. But overall, things are okay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds like things are all coming back together for you now "fall" has arrived even though it can be stressful at times. It's that way for me and I don't have kids.
Post a Comment