Thursday, May 12, 2011

Life, it just keeps happening

My grandmother's funeral was nice. We had a lovely visit with my great aunt. We took her out to eat and shopping for some slacks. We also made time to shop by the antique store in Pine Mountain. I am happy to report I left with 3 84" panels of mid 50s barkcloth drapes in grey with aqua and pink floral design. It's a bold, tropical pattern with vibrant colors. Because they were priced at $30 for all 3, I left in haste before anyone realized I was stealing them.

Our house appraisal was yesterday, tomorrow is the home inspection, and Monday is the HVAC and chimney inspections. So, the house needs to be tidy and dog free. Also on Monday the movers are coming to survey our household goods.

We are headed to Florida on the 21st to find a house. I sent my realtor a list of houses we wanted to look at - there were 31 houses, with 18 being "priority". She said probably a third would be unavailable by the time we get down there. That still leaves a lot of houses to look at.

Anyway, I am slowly decompressing. Lots of stress remains, but I am excited about looking at houses! Who doesn't love a trip to Florida! (Except my husband!)

No comments: