Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A friend and co-worker has brain cancer.  I don't know what to say, but it is a very tough situation.  I feel rotten.

Other than that, life goes on.  I'm walking, lifting weights, doing yoga, watching what I eat. Ya ya ya.

The boy is doing pretty well with the virtual school - he's having a tough time with Spanish, but other than that it's much better and he's a lot happier.  Hub has a couple more weeks of unemployment - he still hasn't found a full time job, so he'll be going back to the temp agency.  Money is going to be even tighter than it is now.  I hope we don't have to borrow from our retirement, but if we have to then that is what we do.

Like I said, there is still plenty of stress.  Hub remains depressed and it is difficult for both of us.  But you know that's life and we're managing and we'll be okay.

Tomorrow I'm meeting a work buddy for an early morningn workout.  Yay! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry if this came through multiple times. It kept prompting me to sign up for blogger, which I don't want to do.

Very hard to know what to say. I know people who have lived 20 years with brain cancer, though, and I guess that's not too unusual. I hope that the treatments aren't too awful and that they live many more good years!

Could you get hub to try St. John's Wort for the depression? It works well for a lot of people and doesn't carry the stigma that "happy meds" (grrrrr.....) do.

Bren

Jack said...

I think in many cases there is nothing to say in such a situation, only listen and be there if they need a friend. I hope your husband has some luck with the job hunting soon, I went through this with my wife, when the spouse is down it takes a lot of energy to prop them up, stay strong!