Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tuesday - no lizards

More evidence that the end of civilization is near: my husband is drinking UNSWEET tea! And judging by the sounds last night, I do believe it must’ve been raining frogs.


Last night’s dinner was shrimp diavolo over quinoa with a big salad. It was very good and since I had extra sauce already made up in the freezer, it was very simple. Tonight I have a shepherd’s pie I made over the weekend with mashed cauliflower in place of the mashed potatoes. I also have a bag of organic sugar snap peas from the CSA box. Since we are going to the gym it will be nice to have a meal that only involves heating stuff up.

I stopped buying store bought salad dressing years ago. It’s expensive and not very good IMO, not to mention full of chemicals. Making my own is easy and cheap. Also, the one good thing the 1970s gave us was green goddess dressing. (Love the 50s, but the 70s were just plain weird.) Yes, Kraft does sell a chemical faux green version, but homemade is so good. Apparently its popularity died with the 1970s as well because you never see it in restaurants or anything (I guess ranch killed it) except that one lone bottle of Kraft lurking amongst 1000 varieties of ranch. Being a big eater of salads, I demand variety, and I expect my dressings to be tasty and healthy. Hub, OTOH, eats the same French dressing I’ve been making him for years.

Yesterday was a kettlebell workout at the fitness center at work and an AM walk in the hood. Today was yoga at lunch and gym after work.

Last night was odd in that we had so little to do. We sorted through some stuff to send to Goodwill, worked on our project list for what we want to get done around the house and watched a couple of “Star Trek: DS9” episodes. We had planned to go to the dog park, but an evening thunderstorm nixed that idea. Lifestyles of the rich and famous down here in south Florida, I tell ya.

No comments: