I am going to do a couple of brief recaps just to set the stage for where I am now.
I am a member of a non profit which is about recreating and sharing knowledge about the middle ages - everything from making clothing and accessories to armor to combat. I first got involved back in 2000 and T was one of the first people I met. We hit it off immediately - we had so much in common and enjoyed being around each other. We dated for a while but we were both a little afraid of taking our relationship to the next level and didn't realize that our feelings were reciprocated, so we ended up breaking off our relationship. While we remained friends, we gradually drifted apart, he quit the organization and moved on to other hobbies, and I moved to Florida.
Fast forward to January of this year: I was 10 months out from my separation and in October of 2015 his wife admitted to an affair and asked for a divorce. Apparently the marriage had been in trouble for quite some time, but as I can attest - a separation is difficult. In any case - he began reaching out to old friends to build a support group - one of the things that had occurred was that he became isolated from "his" friends, and the joint friends weren't folks he felt he could really talk to. He reached out to me via facebook, and we began chatting.
It quickly became apparent that the chemistry was still there. We spent a LOT of time talking about our goals, our beliefs and values, our priorities: in short, all of the things I never was able to discuss with my spouse! We realized that we were very much in the same place, shared core values and priorities, and that our feelings hadn't changed. Within a month we were dating and when I purchased my house in July, he moved in. He had been wanting to move back to this area (he was about 2 hours away) to be closer to his family - so it was logical as well as being what we both wanted.
We're getting married this year - we know where, who we want there, we haven't picked a time. We aren't in a huge hurry but know that we want to be together and married. Crazy, right? I had reached a point where I was cool with being alone - I still missed the idea being married, but not being married to my husband. being alone was far preferable to being unhappy in a relationship and the dating scene was beyond frustrating. So once I was okay with where I was and wasn' looking - there he was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I'm so happy you are happy
How's your weight, health, and other habits going? Are you working on that while your relationship changes?
Weight has been stable all year. Having said that, I definitely need to tighten up some habits! Thankfully I is like minded and is happy to help with the food logging and accountability.
Post a Comment