Thursday, July 13, 2017

Insane weekend

The weekend started when I was less than 5 miles from home Friday night, planning to grab a quick bite and head out. There was an accident right in front of me and I was the only witness to stop. It was clearly the fault of one driver (we had the green light and she made a left turn into oncoming traffic), but I wanted to be sure that 1) they were okay and 2) it wasn't case of the word of 1 driver v the other with no witnesses.  They were okay, but the lady who was hit was pretty shaken (both her airbags deployed) and yes, the other woman tried to say it wasn't her fault.  I ended up waiting 45 minutes for the highway patrol so it was after midnight before we got to our hotel for the night.

The weekend was good but sad.  Alma is slowing down a lot and her memory isn't nearly as good.  This was the first time that she didn't go out to eat with us or stay in the hotel. She did ride down to Pine Mountain and we visited a couple of times.  My son and his gf came down - he hadn't seen Alma in 2 or 3 years. It was a long trip for them, but they turned it into an adventure and saw some stuff nearby, so I was glad. Alma will be 98 in August.  I think she's not happy and ready to go, which is sad but understandable.

We got home Sunday and I cut the very end off my right thumb in the vegetable mandolin, so I spent 4.5 hours at the emergency room.  Ugh. Overall, not the best weekend.

No word on the Florida house, but it's a cash deal so no news is good news?  We got a full price offer, but were already under contract.  And who knows what would have happened.

T got a call from a friend of his parents - he is opening a new restaurant in our area (landlord is kicking him out of the shopping center where he is) and is looking for a kitchen manager.  Since T hasn't gotten much back from the school system, I think he is going to pursue it.  So we'll see what comes of that.

I'm fat.  We went to the gym yesterday.  My boss offered me a cookie this morning and I took it without thinking.  I can't seem to get things together. I feel like a lot is still up in the air, but that's no excuse.

  

No comments: