Friday, May 28, 2021

Slow & steady - it may win the race but it's frustrating!

 Another half pound loss this week. Not surprised - not gonna lie, there was some major stress eating last weekend!

I'm doing between an 8:16 and 5:21 intermittent fasting schedule (except the days i fell face first into a pizza) and I am enjoying it. I'm not a big fan of breakfast food anyway, although we did have breakfast for dinner one evening. So mostly I'll have an afternoon snack (yesterday was a bacon & tomato sandwich), a healthy dinner, and maybe dessert or an evening snack. 

It feels easy and I'm not that hungry. Once I get to the point I am finding hunger really distracting, then I'll eat! I still try to make reasonable choices, but I'm not counting calories or weighing anything - which feels very freeing.

Not much going on here for the holiday weekend. A friend from Maryland is down visiting her daughter and is staying with us, so Tim gets another human to talk to! And another friend is coming over after work to grill burgers & watch "Labyrinth" - so yay!

Enjoy your weekend!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I had a 1 pound game this week and I am so bummed out. I know I stress eat myself and it’s such a bad thing. But I’m going to keep at it because I’m determined to get this weight off this year. I’m not getting any younger. It’s really more about help than how I look. Getting older is hard enough. I really don’t want to be over wait any longer. Glad that he is doing so well. Have a great holiday weekend.

Paula C

Mrs Swan said...

As long as you stay on the right path you will always be a winner. Cheesy sounding eh? LOL Slow and steady does win as you said. LOL I just wish I could remember that more myself.