Tuesday, January 18, 2022

An exercise in futility

 First off: Thankfully we had less ice and wind than expected. It's still a sheet of ice out there in the yard & driveway, but once you get to the main road it isn't bad. Or so I've been told - I haven't gone anywhere in forever. Going to do yoga today! I have been a slug. I'm feeling better but my energy still isn't great. 

My PCR (non rapid) covid test came back positive. I can't say I'm surprised. Having lived this, I realize it's pretty much impossible to follow the CDC guidelines. Let's break it down:

2 Jan - go to party for FIL

6 Jan - Told someone at party has covid. Okay, you're supposed to quarantine for 5 days after exposure, but I didn't find out until 5 days. Per CDC, if I don't have symptoms it's okay to go out with a mask.

11 Jan - not feeling well. 

12 Jan - take rapid covid test (results are negative). Go about your life, citizen.

16 Jan - get notified my PCR test is positive. I'm nearly over the thing now! Feeling much better, slight cough and a bit on the tired side. 

In the interim my husband has been going to work, I've gone to the store, etc. Given the communicability of this variant its totally understandable why it's running rampant. I'm not saying I have any better ideas, but I can see why nothing short of a near lockdown is going to stop this variant.

Take care of yourselves!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sorry to hear you had it but that's great that you are starting to feel better!

Mrs Swan said...

1000% agreed! It just went through my unit at work. Honestly, I wish they would have shut down our program even just for a week to stop the spread. I think we are on the tail end of it now though thankfully.