And I think I’ve got problems?
How about the men’s marathon yesterday? Sheesh – at least crazy kilt-wearing Irish guys don’t pop out of the bushes to knock me off the road while I’m running! Seriously though, who couldn’t help but feel bad for de Lima – he was fading a little anyway, but who knows how the race might have turned out? I’m glad he got a medal.
So, back to real life – mine that is. Ugh. I am really struggling (like no one has noticed that). Last year after vacation I slowly gained 10 pounds, and I am afraid it will happen again this year. If I were determined not to repeat, that would be a good thing. But I have that deer in the headlights fear that is so dis-empowering.
After a day of healthy eating Saturday, I really blew it yesterday. I just layed around watching movies, having beer & pizza with hubby. I think we just worked so hard all last week and Saturday that we just melted down. I plan to pace myself a little better this week so I won’t repeat that performance next weekend
I am going to the gym to lift weights tonight, and I will do 30 minutes on the elliptical as well. Not my cardio of choice, but its raining here, so I doubt I’ll get outside. Its tropical storm leftovers from SC.
I have absolutely nothing profound to say. I ran yesterday – only 2 miles but it felt good. I am hungry and really struggling with food. Now that the house is mostly back in order, and son has gotten back in the groove with a week of school under his belt, exercise will be easier. But the food piece continues to cause me grief, and poor choices leave me feeling sub-par, which impacts workouts. Why can’t I be one of those freaks that live to lift weights or something?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment