Monday, July 03, 2006

Weirdness abounds

This was a very odd weekend. On the one hand, I drank too much beer, did no exercise, and was extremely unhappy about this whole bs “doping” scandal. It’s a scandal alright – a scandal that a person’s career can be ended without producing any evidence. Officials refused to share their evidence with Ullrich’s lawyer. Excuse me? I have no idea whether he is innocent or not, but by treating athletes the way they are, the cycling organization is doing more to tarnish the reputation of the sport that any group of athletes possibly could. (Turn the rant off girl.)

However, I made new valences for my bathroom, got my house all squared away, took the boat out, and just generally relaxed. That felt good.

The dojo is closed until Wednesday, so my mom is coming over after dinner and we are doing polymer clay. Yeah, I need to get back into my “weekday” mode of eating, and not let the weekends get so out of control. That is always so tough for me. But I feel great knowing I am going into July with no house projects! Just stuff for Pennsic. Sweet!

I’m trying not to freak out about the weight – just plugging away one choice at a time. Yeah, I didn’t do so hot this weekend, but that doesn’t mean I can’t eat a healthy lunch today.

In MIL news, she is a psycho. I bet you didn’t now that. She has an apartment, but she’s still at my mom’s. She called the hub to say she feels “excluded”, but then hangs up on him. When he calls to tell her he feels very stressed out & needs space, she hangs up on him again. Then she tells my mom that he hung up on her! Does she think we never talk to each other or what???? She is a loon.

Fitness stuff: Still trying to eat BFL style – several small, balanced meals a day. Hub and I are alternating our morning workouts – lift weights Tue, Thu, & Sun. Walk/run Mon, Wed, & Fri. Dojo for kickboxing Sat am. Dojo in the evenings for as many nights as I can stand – 4 is the ideal, but 3 is cool. 2 isn’t enough. This is 80% food, 19% exercise, and 1% supplementation. Exercise is pretty decent, despite this past weekend. But food needs tightening up.

No comments: