It’s hard to work in a tiara
The department I work in is charged with re-engineering efforts. This year, if you booked more than $1M in saves, you got butler service from the leader of your choice. Yesterday was my day! I came in to a desk laden with lowfat Laughing Cow cheese, low sugar granola, sweet tarts (darn him!), and a lovely fruit salad. And an ice bucket full of diet Pepsi. I had a pillow, confetti, and a tiara and scepter (they light up!). Oh, and a (plastic toy) shield and hammer in case anyone gave me any trouble. And of course the bell to summon my boss if I needed anything. It was a fun day, but I gotta admit, I got very little done! Oh well, I guess this time of year motivation tanks – at least I’m not alone!
Things here are crazy. My little holiday meal isn’t so little after all – my MIL had no where else to go, so she’s coming. I invited the neighbors (hey, maybe they’ll talk to my MIL!), so there’s 7 of us for the holiday. I have to work tomorrow and hub is working overtime this week. I was up at 5 am this morning, but instead of walking I was busy baking a pumpkin (for the pie), finishing laundry, and getting dinner in the crockpot. We got back home so late Sunday that I did my grocery shopping yesterday after work! By the time I got gas, went by CostCo, went to the Farmer’s market (for the pumpkin), and did the shopping, I was wiped out. Then I went home and fixed dinner, worked on laundry, and helped the boy with homework. I fell into bed at 9, just beat.
I guess that’s a rather roundabout way of saying that exercise doesn’t even seem to be making the back burner this week. Sigh. Good news is I leave today at 3 (yay for coming in early!) and I should be done with errands and home by 5. That should give me time to have supper, do some housework & cooking, and not be quite so exhausted when I go to bed.
I plan to seriously use that hot tub in the hotel! ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Real pumpkin pie! I'm jealous. I'm probably going to have Mrs. Smith's b/c people say "it taste's just like the real stuff" Yeah right. I made a libby's pie last night to tide me over.
Congrats on being queen for the day!
The hottub sounds like what I need! Congrats on the "Day of the Tiara"!
Post a Comment