Lovely Day
Hello! I hope that everyone that celebrated it had a terrific Thanksgiving. Mine was really nice. My plans went off pretty well – house was clean and Wednesday night I was pooped – so we picked up a pizza and watched a movie. Thursday I got up early and began cooking. The meal was ready at noon and after a lovely visit with our neighbors, we were pulling out of the driveway at 2:30. MIL was there, but I refuse to discuss this because her behavior was so .. her.
The trip was uneventful – no traffic! The hotel was nice – my only regret was that we were right in Chinatown and I never got Chinese! This will definitely be remedied next year when we go back. Friday we were up & out early – popped by the castle for a cold drink before starting. Friday was a long day – we hit the Natural History museum and ate lunch there. The food was expensive, but tasty, and it helps out the museum. After that we split up – the hub headed for Georgetown to a pipe shop (thankfully, he uses it exactly once a year) and mom, the boy, and I went to the Holocaust museum. They have a section designed for children and school groups. My son had really wanted to go, but I don’t think that he was prepared. I tried, but he found it very disturbing. I told him that I thought we should be disturbed and that was a perfectly acceptable reaction. After that, we met back up with hub and walked around the various memorials – from the Washington to the Lincoln and everything in between. The weather was amazing – upper 60s and sunny. I really enjoyed just walking around.
After that we met Hub’s best high school chum & his family for dinner. We met halfway in a suburb and ate at what must be the lousiest Mexican restaurant ever. I hate eating bad food. But the company was good and he was glad I finally got to meet them.
Day 2 was the Native American Museum in the morning. Hub was really overwhelmed by that one. We spent a long time there – and a long time in the gift shop. We also ate lunch there – they had various stations (it was cafeteria style) for various regions. So there was a northwest Indian area, a South American, plains, etc etc. The food was good again – and even pricier! But we agreed it was worth it – we really wanted to try it. After that we once again split up – the boy & hub headed for Air & Space and mom and I did the 2 Asian art museums. We hit the road at 3:30 – ran into some traffic but had an uneventful trip home.
Yesterday was shopping. I also re-painted the area under the chair rail in the breakfast nook – I did a ragging technique. I am ready to make some changes around the house – I’m all about painting & re-arranging furniture – you know, cheap changes. And hey – what better time than the holiday rush?
Its sunny & 70s here this week. Exercise outside – with no mittens! Woo hoo!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I envy you your weather! I need to make some changes in the house here too but I want the windows changed first. A change is as good as a rest they say.
Post a Comment