Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First day of school

The boy's first day of school seemed to go well. It was his first day of public school, first time riding the bus, and most of his classes were twice the size of his entire middle school at his old school. The bus was late (I waited until he’d been picked up to leave for work), but not terribly so. He said it was a bit overwhelming, but he seemed excited about it. He met a couple of kids (and a girl of course), figured out how to open his locker, and all in all seems to be adjusting to middle school much better than I ever managed to.

I was one of those really bright kids who never managed to fit in school very well (oooh, big shock I know!). I have to admit that as a parent, I'm glad my son turned out to be my polar opposite in that regard.

Despite all his coolness, he did give me not one but two hugs this morning! :-)

1 comment:

Pamela Ann said...

Wow, middle school. I just blogged about my daughter in elementary school. Time really goes by fast doesnt it? I enjoyed reading about the two hugs. Enjoy.