Things that make you go "Hmmmm".
If you'll recall, I was recently contacted by an old friend from junior high. It went something like this:
1. I receive email. We exchange pleasantries.
2. We establish that his marriage recently blew up and that mine is great.
3. He stops emailing me.
So this morning when I check my email, I notice that I received an invite to "link" to someone on LinkedIn (it's sorta like facebook for professionals). Now, I set up the account months ago when a friend invited me, and a few other friends have offered to "link" to me, but I pretty much haven't bothered with it.
So this morning I get a notice that my ex-fiancee wants to "link" to me. Hmmm. Now, this is someone I knew for over a decade. Someone who, in the end, ended our friendship because it was too painful. I can understand and respect that. Sometimes there is just too much water under the bridge, you know? But, why is he contacting me now? He has no other "links" - did he join just to link to me? Where has he been looking for me? Has he (or anyone else) found this blog?
The whole thing is ... weird.
In other news, we had a nice holiday here and I hope you did as well. The weekend seemed awfully short. :-( It was unseasonably warm here, I got up this morning and walked. It was nice. I prepped my breakfast and lunch foods yesterday, so packing my lunch & breakfast was a pretty painless process today. It feels good to be eating more normal foods - I've been acting like gravy is a beverage for a couple of days. *lol*
Take care!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment