Thursday, May 07, 2009


What would you choose?


Some background: 15 or 16 years ago I got a mastercard from MBNA. I got it as one of their affiliated cards - it has my school logo, photo, and gives a 1% annual rebate to the Hawaii Pacific University alumni assocition. When MBNA sold their credit card portfolio, my card became Bank of America.


Now, my Hilton is my card of choice - I rack up some serious Hilton points on that baby and we easily get 6 free stays per year, which is awesome. However, there are places (like my dentist) who don't take Amex (sigh). In that event, I use my HPU mastercard. I've had it forever so I want to keep it on my credit report, and it has a large line of credit.


At least it did until I got a letter saying they were cutting my LOC by $12,000. Gee, whadaya think THAT did to my credit score??? Personally, I don't think alienating your best customers is a very successful business model - what bit of my loyality they had is gone.


Which brings me to my question: I am going to start using my Cap1 card and it has the "design your own card" feature - for free! So, if you could put an image on your credit card, what would it be? Hobby related? A pretty scene? Your pet? I can't choose ....


If I put an image on my BofA card it would be "Angry Mr. T". "Don't mess with me, fool!"

No comments: