How it’s going
Back to school is always a challenging time of year. Besides all the running around to find supplies, clothes, go to open house, every year we have a new routine to adjust to. This year my son’s bus comes over an hour later than it did last year! So, a huge swing in our schedules.
For the first few days at least I want to be home long enough to ensure he’s up, clean, fed, and ready to go to the bus stop. That translates to me getting in to work much later than I have in the past.
Normally I get pretty stressed this time of year but somehow it’s going better this year. For one, he didn’t start back to school immediately after vacation, so we had time to get everything vacation-related cleaned and put away. My house is clean & organized and hub did the same for the garage. Second, I acknowledged that all my habits wouldn’t magically gel into a new schedule. I’ve gradually added things back, and that’s gone great.
I’m back to packing healthy meals and snacks, I’m getting up and walking in the morning. Yesterday the boy and I visited the gym in the afternoon to see how crowded it was and talk to the guy at the desk about when it begins to get busy. We are going to try going in the afternoons, starting next week. Weight is drifting back down. Hurray!
But most of all it feels good to be eating my healthy foods and going for those morning walks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment