A bit more detail (but not too much)
Sadly, DHRAMA was to be had at the medieval event last weekend. It didn’t ruin our visit with our house guests, but it made things way more stressful than was necessary.
So I wasn’t in the best mood headed into this week. Add in to the mix rain every day but one, a possible job layoff for the hub (think good thoughts for us), and the MIL thing. Is it any wonder I’ve bought beer on the way home the past 2 days??????
Yes, MIL moved last fall/winter when she lost her job. She lived with a friend a few months, then moved in with another friend. Friend 2 and her hub have a rental house they are renovating. It has a basement apartment and they are letting MIL stay there cheap/free if she keeps an eye on things. Sort of a property manager type deal I guess.
She’s never found another job and given her health opted to draw early social security. I hope she can make it on that. Hub & the boys (son and friend who pretty much lives with us) are planning to load the truck Friday. We’ll get up early Saturday to drive it up (5 and a half hours), have lunch with friends, then drive home. Sunday hub and the boys have to go finish up a side job so we need to get back in time for everyone to get a good night’s rest.
As for the possible layoff…. As you know, hub is in construction. The job he is currently working on will finish up sometime in December or January. Currently, they don’t have any work for most of the crew beyond that. There is a job that just started, but they have to get the foundation poured & some other basics done before it will be to the point where they need to bring in folks. That depends to a certain extent on the weather, but that job may be ready for folks by the time this one runs down (fingers crossed). The down side is that it’s 2 hours from home. So hub might end up staying down there during the week. Things are just up in the air right now.
Anyway, trying to pick myself up, dust myself off, and keep going with my sanity intact.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Neca,
I get it. I'm there. The job market sucks. My hub did not get laid off in the last rounds. Instead he got a pay and hours cut by 30%. We were psyched. I thought we could manage it. Well, it just caught up to us. (6 mos later) We were down to $4 in our checking account, all savings drained and I had to borrow $$ from my father.
I got more pissed off (than the $ in our checking account and the mess-ups in his payroll check) when I found out that his companies payroll is done in INDIA!!!! WTF?!!!
The only reason I have my sanity and don't have my head in a bottle of gin is because I force myself to exercise. I can only do that because I can't find a job. All the jobs seem to be in India.
Post a Comment