High quality or not, they still feel like problems!
I have what a fellow blogger refers to as “high quality problems”. Not knowing whether your kids will have enough food and a warm place to sleep tonight – those are problems. Are what I have really “problems”? They feel like it.
I went to get a 2nd pair of reading glasses made. First they were put into the wrong frames, then when I got them they didn’t work. Turns out (and this doesn’t make sense to me, but whatever) when I asked for a copy of my prescription at the eye dr’s office, they gave it to me, just not for reading glasses. My insurance covers 1 pair per year, and they are useless. The dr’s office is faxing me a copy of the right things & said just take it with the glasses and tell them it was a dr’s change and they should re-make them. (It’s Wal-Rip, so we’ll see what happens.) But how frustrating! Last night I just sat & cried. Is it really that big a deal? No. But it sure felt like it.
I think it’s just that things are feeling very busy right now. Part of it is that with the boy in drivers ed and not getting home until 7, my mom isn’t coming over (and helping out) and he isn’t having time to help, and a fair bit ends up falling to me. So I got up this morning & walked, then picked up the house, did a couple loads of laundry, re-booted the dishwasher and cleaned the kitchen, and colored my hair. And fixed breakfast for the 2 of us before driving the boy to school. Then I got to come to my full time job.
Despite and beer and a couple of baked tortillas with cheese, things are going pretty good. According to Gillian McKeith (on BBCA’s “You are what you eat’) to lose weight you should do 3 30 minute sessions of exercise per day. That seems like a lot, but I think she’s right. She isn’t talking anything extreme – just getting out & walking. So I am trying to do that. Some afternoons I can’t (like today I’m working late & tomorrow I’m volunteering at the animal shelter) and I don’t try to walk at lunch on the weekends (I’m a lot more active on the weekends anyway than I am at my job). But for people with sedentary jobs, I think that makes sense. But if you look at it as 1.5 hours of exercise per day, I can see how you’d want to just go eat a cookie and whimper.
I’m down a bit over 2 pounds so far this week. Woo hoo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sometimes it just seems like it's an never ending battle doesn't it?!!
Post a Comment