Hello again!
Yesterday AM I was very tired and time was tight, so I didn't get in my AM kettlebell workout. I was able to pack healthy food though! I walked at lunch and then went and volunteered at the animal shelter in the afternoon. I was walked by several large dogs in the 90+ degree heat. Talk about wiped out!
I went home, had a quick supper (vegan stuff off the Whole Foods hot bar), took a bath, then had to go back to work for 2 meetings! I ended up getting home at 11:30! Ugh! Not a night owl...
So my plans for getting up this morning and doing a double workout (k-bells and walk) became zero workout as I slept in! Okay, things are NOT going as planned.
The good news is I dropped 2 and a half pounds of that vacation gain and eating is going well. I'm getting in plenty of raw foods (green smoothie for breakfast, raw nuts & fruit for snack, a huge salad for lunch) and I think it's helping me get back to normal.
Even though it's hard work and I don't always know exactly what I'm doing, I feel like volunteering at the shelter is making a difference. And frankly it feels more rewarding than all the political garbage that goes on in our medieval group! Dogs don't have politics - they're just happy to be out of the kennel and going for a walk.
It makes me kinda sad to see them there, but I'm glad it's a no kill shelter. otherwise they might all end up at my house!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment