Friday, August 20, 2010

Remember those goals?

A few posts and a few weeks ago, I posted 4 goals for myself. I read over them yesterday.

1. Better job of planning & preparing food/not relying on Slim-Fast or the cafeteria. Busted! I had S-F on the grocery list. I took it off, and am hitting the farmer’s market on the way home today to get veggies I can pre-chop for salads. Breakfast will be my green drink and pb toast.

2. Exercising more faithfully. Yes. Yay! I walked at Pennsic, and have kept it up here at home. I printed out all the schedules of classes at the Y for the month and told the boy I’d be going next week. He wants to come along. Also, I ordered hub a book on bodyweight exercises so he could get in some exercise while out of town. Good start!

3. Working on things I enjoy. I have scheduled a week off work next month so I can paint my living & dining rooms, hallway, and entrance. And make new valences. Also, I have scheduled in a weekend to make a slip cover for the new sectional sofa. It’s a start!

4. Thinking of myself as healthy. I think this will be a work in progress. But being down about 3 pounds from my pre-vacation weight is helping. And I think regular exercise will be positive reinforcement. As of today, I weigh 182.2. An improvement!

Next week hub has asked for mexican casserole to take out of town with him. That's a nutritious meal that he loves. I am doing 2 meals for myself & the boy, which we can eat twice. This keeps my cooking to a reasonable level. I am planning spagetti and moo shu pork (lots of vegetables, little meat).

There is still loads of unpacking to do, but the laundry is almost done. MIL came over yesterday and really helped out.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: