Monday, August 30, 2010

Why I remain overweight

Because food is an effective way of dealing with stress!

Sure, it’s not the healthiest way. And people say “It’s only temporary.” Yeah, well, stress always comes back, whether you deal with it via meditation or nachos!

Hub is working out of town until October 5, son just started back to school. We’ve spent roughly $1400 over the past 3 months at 1 shop plus the dealership in an effort to get the minivan’s brakes fixed. We thought they were done after a visit last weekend to the dealer, but this past Sunday they made “the noise” again. I cried. I mean, I don’t know what to do at this point. Spending over $500 a month getting the brakes fixed over and over doesn’t seem like a logical choice.

Hub needs something to carry his tools for work, and we need something that will haul the trailer. He found a truck that would work for about $1000 more than we could sell the van for. It’s a 1994 (10 years older) and has 77K miles, which is a lot less. An older guy who worked for the dealership bought it new & didn’t drive it much. Which means it could be in great shape or have problems. I don’t know what to do.

When it mde “the noise”, we were going to Merchant’s to get my car picked up. I have an alignment package where I’ve paid an up front cost for alignments. Only when I went to pick up the car he said they couldn’t align the back b/c the parts weren’t available & I should call the dealer. The dealer seemed confused and said the parts weren’t Nissan and they would have thought Merchant’s could have been able to get them. So roughly $100 - $175 at the dealer to get the back aligned when I’ve paid Merchant’s for alignments.

I’m kinda tired of money going at a speed double at which we earn it. Which is maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but it sure feels that way some days. Cars are such a pain in the ass. They are huge money pits and it just seems to never end.

No comments: