Brain dump
Overall, I’d say things are going pretty well. I think I’m feeling less stressed & frustrated than I was at the end of last year. Whether that’s because I’m just totally wrung out and too tired to feel much or this past year has given me some perspective, or something else entirely I’m not sure.
There are things I like very much about living here:
I like taking the bus too work. It is a little time consuming, but it’s easy and the bus stop isn’t a bad walk from the house at all.
I love the new house – although I am feeling stressed by the slowness of getting things organized. The whole “building storage in the garage” is holding things up. I know it’s getting done, but progress in the garage seems slow, and is holding up progress in the house.
I am more active. I walk Jordan – sometimes morning and evening. We have a good neighborhood for walking. We get in the pool a lot on the weekends. We take the dogs to the dog park.
I worked for my old boss for 5.5 years. So a new boss is a change, which also has it’s good points. I like Sonia and the new team so far.
I am taking a yoga class at lunch 1 day a week. I really like the instructor - it’s power yoga so it’s TOUGH, but I’m hanging in there.
I signed up for 2 stretching classes, I have my first one this afternoon.
We are going to the beach this weekend – just to take a walk, so that’ll be nice.
I still have times of feeling angry or stressed, and there are times I still overeat due to stress, but overall it’s much better, and best of all I feel better. It’s hard to explain better than that – just overall my stress feels lower than it’s been in quite a while, in spite of obstacles and stressors that still exist.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment