Friday, September 09, 2011

Work

So, I went to work for 4 whole days these week - that's the most days in a row since mid July!!! I like my desk (not as private as my old one, but newer stuff). My team are nice and our new boss started last Monday, so in that regard we are on a level playing field. I am slowly getting bck into the swing of picking up projects I had passed off and offering time on new ones. I have also jumped into taking advantage of the fitness center and am signing up for a couple of classes when the next session starts in 2 weeks.

The boy is being a lazy, ungrateful ass. I keep reminding myself that he is only 16 and this is hard on him, but there are days I'd like to throttle him. He refuses to do anything to help out around here AT ALL. UGH!!!!! He has met a couple of friends (twins his age) - their mom is very strict, so I like that. Maybe his attitude will improve.

I am setting up a schedule of getting things done around the house, but new (little) things keep cropping up. Not much progress is happening during the week - just your basic "manage to get dinner on the table and dishes washed."

I am walking in the mornings and starting fitness classes soon. I am cooking regular meals and getting my house (literally) in order. But I know there is a lot of stuff - the recent death of my grandmother up in Asheville and all the stuff that dredged up, the worry over hub finding a job, my frustration with the boy's attitude. There's a lot of stress and emotion just below the surface that I am going to have to deal with in a manner that doesn't include beer or cheese dip.

No comments: