Things here are good. Spent some time looking through my fabric and doing a little sewing, which has been fun. Watching the “Tour de France”, which is always enjoyable. It is very quiet at work this week.
I did a little weight lifting today, just a light leg workout. Tomorrow Jeff is teaching me how to use the new TRX here at work and I am prepared for an overall body thrashing! How awesome is it that we have this equipment here at work???
I made “gyros” for breakfast this week. I have a recipe which uses ground meat plus spinach, feta, and spices to mimic the flavor. I use a mixture of lamb and turkey. I basically make a meat loaf and then serve slices over a bed of cucumber, tomato, and Vidalia onion and topped with a little homemade tsaziki sauce. Really excellent and very filling.
I know I’ve said it before: there are foods that I love the tastes of that I prefer not to eat on a regular basis – by creating something similar with those same flavors I get the enjoyment without the down side. Eating healthfully doesn’t have to be tasteless, but it certainly helps if you like to cook!
There is a lady in my WW meeting who just made goal. Its great that she’s lost weight, but the ‘end’ result is a smaller version of her former self. She willingly admits she never cooks – only eats out or buys prepared foods. She doesn’t work out. Well, she is happy with her result.
Lunches are the usual grilled chicken with salad. The steaks last night were excellent. Hub also grilled the asparagus which was awesome. Tonight we are having chicken tikka masala I made in the crock pot. I’m serving it with quinoa and steamed broccoli.
It is my first 4th of July here in Florida and I have discovered an interesting fact: it is legal to buy fireworks down here – pretty much any kind. You are supposed to have a permit to shoot them off, but I don’t think it’s enforced much judging by the neighborhood last night. Seriously, there were things being shot off that sounded like mortars. It reminded me of when I lived near the artillery range in Hawaii! The dogs were scared!
That's all I got - have a good one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment