Thursday, August 16, 2012

We're back

So its back to the real world after vacation. The world of work, bills, dogs needing knee surgery, etc. Le sigh.


We were planning to go to an SCA event over Labor day weekend, but Maya is having knee surgery this Saturday ($3600 – ouch!), so I’m not sure I want to go off and leave her that much less than a week after. Because she's a big dog, it’s a bit more extensive (and durable) than it would be for a smaller one.

Fitness: Camping means lots of walking and working (hauling ice, water, garbage, etc.) so I stayed pretty physically active for my 2 weeks of primitive camping. We cooked our own food for the most part and did a good job of focusing on vegetables and grilled meats.

There is a “Run for your life” event in Orlando the weekend before Thanksgiving. Because a 5K is fun, but a 5K with obstacles and zombies trying to kill you is better!

This weekend is more work getting the house back in order. MIL may be coming down for a couple of weeks soon, so I want to get everything put back away, some meals in the freezer, and the guest room ready for company.  It would certainly help to have someone home while Maya is recovering from her surgery.

Here is something I am interested in - maybe sometime toward the end of 2013?  I need to find out the schedule for the latter half of the year:
Anyway, look for more regular posts!

No comments: