Sunday, September 30, 2012

Quiet Day

I slept in today and woke up feeling like I was finally on the mend.  I did some housework this morning, went to Costco (we needed a LOT), did the food prep for the week, and finished all the housework except cleaning off the dining room table (where the mail lands when it comes in the door).

Hub is about 3 hours from home - its a tough drive even with someone else in the car.  I've been calling him regularly because he's having to do the thing by himself.  After this things will be pretty quiet until we head to Georgia for Thanksgiving.  My bff (and former lunchtime walking buddy) is coming down for a visit in October, but other than that its just work and the usual housework etc. until T-day.

With hub not getting home until late, I bought a rotisserie chicken to use in our lunch salads tomorrow until he can get the chicken grilled up tomorrow night.  I made meat loaf for breakfast with spinach.  I know it sounds weird but 1) it's really good and 2) it's a convenient grab and go breakfast we both enjoy. 

Hub's birthday is this week and I am taking him to a brazilian steakhouse for dinner.  Not sure if we'll go on his actual birthday or on the weekend after.

The new sessions of classes is starting at the fitness center at work.  I was disappointed that they aren't offering the AMP class that I used to enjoy so much.  I've been working out either by myself (weights and kettlebells and yoga) and/or also working out with the ladies at 1 o'clock some of the time.  I miss AMP class, but I have been enjoying the kettlebell I took in. 

Having access to a fitness center at work really makes it easy to get workouts in.  Doing my food prep on Sunday makes it so that I have healthy meals available all week long.  Dinners are planned.  Having hub counting on me to prep healthy food gives me an extra push to make sure it gets done.

There are a lot of things that aren't ideal right now, and I don't have control over some of them.  But I do have control over taking care of myself and helping hub take care of himself.  It feels good to know that we are making progress toward our goals, both health and otherwise. 

No comments: