Monday, October 01, 2012

Monday

Weight: Today I went back to WW. I haven’t been avoiding it on purpose, but I attend an at work meeting and the reality is I spent a lot of August and September not in my office for one reason or another. I’ve been hopping on the scale periodically at home so I wasn’t shocked or anything to find out I have gained 4.5 pounds over the past 2 months.


That’s not huge, but its 4.5 pounds I now have to lose again. Back to tracking. Back to being accountable to myself. There has been so much going on since the beginning of August – some pretty major stressors, some pretty major decisions about how and where we intend to live our lives. We’ve both been expending such a huge amount of emotional energy (not to mention time) on BIG things, that little things (like making time for an evening walk) have slipped through the cracks. But the little habits can have a pretty big cumulative effect!

Thankfully I am realizing this now rather than later. I would hate to have undone all my efforts!

Breakfast: spinach meat loaf

Lunch: vegetable salad with chicken

Dinner: sautéed cabbage with chicken sausage and roasted green beans

Evening snack: green smoothie with fruit, spinach, and green powder

Exercise: Tracy Reifkind’s kettlebell swing dvd and a Rodney Yee yoga video

When I went to the gym, Jeff stopped in while I was swinging and asked me if I wanted to go to the gym around the corner to lift weights at lunch sometime.  The fitness center is nice, but it doesn't have heavy weights.  I told him that would be great! 

No comments: