Friday, October 05, 2012

Friday and the meat parade


Weight: Up 1.8 pounds from yesterday.

Plan for today:

Breakfast: spinach meat loaf

Lunch: vegetable salad with chicken

Dinner: roasted chicken in the crock pot, quinoa, roasted brussel sprouts

Exercise: kettlebells and yoga (yes, I know I’m not supposed to do kettlebells 2 days in a row. I paid, believe me)

Dinner last night was good, but I’ve now had the experience and don’t feel the need to go to a Brazilian steak place again. The salad bar was excellent (lovely roasted veggies NOT slathered with oil), olives, heart of palm etc etc.

The meat was good. I am guessing I ate roughly 8 ounces of steak and 2 of lamb. The portions were small and I didn’t try everything by a long shot – only the things that sounded really good. And then we generally shared. Most portions were around the size of a piece of meat on a kebab. But that’s still double or more the amount of meat I would eat with a meal! Anyway, good food, nice atmosphere, crazy prices.

I told hub that I did not buy any sort of birthday cake of anything – I wasn’t sure if he would want anything since I know he is watching his weight as well. I offered to pick up a slice of cheesecake or something, but he said no. We went home and each had a hard cider and called it a night. (Party animals, that’s us!)

This weekend we are planning to get together with a couple of neighbors to watch some football. I plan to make baked chicken wings – that’s “football food” without being too off the rails. They aren’t of the food pushing or beer drinking variety, so we can enjoy the game without it being all about the snackies.

It’s been a tough day.



No comments: