For this week I decided to do juice for 2 of my 3 meals. It's an easy way for me to get in mass quantities of veggies. For me, when I say "juice" I generally do a sort of hybrid: I juice my hard veggies but then pour my juice into the BlendTec and add the spinach & that sort of thing. I do that because I have a centrifugal juicer (which I love) but it just doesn't do greens very well.
I've been doing a green drink in the morning (spinach, 1/2 banana, frozen mixed fruit), then 2 quarts of juice - I juice in the morning and put it into 4 canning jars, 3 of which I pack in my lunchbox with ice packs. I've also been taking a couple of the little clementines - I do love citrus season! My juices are mostly vegetable, not the largely fruit juices you often see recipes for.
Tonight I made a goulash in the crockpot which I served with leftover mashed cauliflower and 3 bean salad.
While I certainly want to lose weight (I think that's been true for the past 25 years regardless of what I've weighed), for me, the primary point of juicing is the cram nutrients into my body in such a way that they are highly bioavailable. The sniffly nose I had over the holidays cleared up less than a day after I started juicing.
I don't know whether I will juice for meals next week or cut back to a smaller amount of juice and add a small breakfast & lunch back in for next week. The week after that we will be travelling and I will be packing food rather than juice for sure.
Right now we have 2 guest dogs at our house (long story) so I can't really go for a walk unless someone is here to watch them, so I am getting exercise in while I am at the office.
Yesterday I was talking about the mild weather - well I take it back. It is miserable freaking hot and I sincerely wish I wasn't 1) too miserly and 2) opposed on the principal that using AC in December is WRONG because it is 80 in my house and I am sweaty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
When I was stationed in the military at Ft. Stewart, Georgia it was 89 degrees my first Christmas, quite a shock for an old Upstate New Yorker.
I like your juicing idea, I may have to try this.
Post a Comment