Thursday, April 11, 2013

So Happy Its Thursday

Had a good day at work today.  Jeff wasn't available to work out, so I went downstairs and did kettlebell swings and a leg workout.  Then I did a few minutes of yoga.

Breakfast, lunch, and snack were the same - mid afternoon I really wanted a cookie, but I told myself to STOP IT and ate my grapes. 

Dinner tonight is a salad and some leftover lamb & lentil stew from the freezer.  We have nearly eaten up all the planned left overs from the freezer, not to mention we've run out of a bunch of stuff.  So this weekend is going to be a huge shop and food prep.  That's fine because we gave the house a good deep clean this past weekend.  We may go to the beach Sunday morning. 

I plan to begin restocking by planning meals next week that lend themselves well to doubling and freezing, as well as buying some staples (pork chops, maybe some steaks) and freezing some in marinade - a favorite trick for a quick dinner.  Just grill, add sweet potato and a roasted veg and 5 minutes of prep and 20 minutes of cooking and dinner is done!

Looks like we may get a little rain this afternoon - spring has sprung when we begin to get our afternoon showers.  OTOH, hub is going to have to do some work on the pool chemicals this weekend. 

No comments: