We decided on a last minute road trip up to Jacksonville to visit some friends. Saturday morning I shopped, did a bit of food prep, packed the cooler & a bag, and we headed out.
The nice thing about good friends is that they don't look at you weird when you show up with your meals paked in your cooler. :-)
Weather was nice and we had a great time.
One thing I like to take when we travel is the bags of frozen pre-cooked shrimp. They are very conveneint because they require zero prep, can be eaten cold straight out of the cooler, and they are fairly healthy.
Yesterday I did 360 kettlebell swings, a quick upper body circuit (push ups, bench press, shoulder press, dips) and then did Shaun T Rockin Abs and Express Party (or some such) at lunch.
I had done enough food prep and had enough stuff in the freezer that we had breakfast and lunch ready to go yesterday and the husband grilled up chicken thighs and turkey burgers last night for the rest of the week.
I got a little nuts on the fruit this week - kiwi, mangoes, cantelope, blueberries, cherries, and a pineapple. I limit myself to 2 servings of fruit per day - I could get a little crazy with it. But it should last till we get it eaten - if anything starts looking dodgy I can always freeze it, right?
Have a good day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Fruit ? Ever see a fat girl that eats a ton of fruit ? Not never !! Not once. Eat fruit, just eat fruit..It works,
True! My thing is as much digestive issues as anything else...
Post a Comment