Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy Holiday hiatus

Good morning!

I hope you are enjoying some time off and doing important stuff like spending time with loved ones and re-creating your grandmother's ice box fruit cake (well, my mom did that last one actually!  And ice box fruit cake is good!).

I didn't plan to take this much time off from the blog, but it happens.  It's been enjoyable so far.  We are heading back home on Saturday. 

It has been quite cold and I haven't been getting outside as much as I would like - I've become a wimp after 2.5 years in south Florida!  But we've been doing a lot of running around, so I've kept active.  And I cooked my butt off a couple of days (Christmas day and then cooked stuff to send home with my son).  I think that with the total lack of Thanksgiving dinner I went a little overboard on Christmas and cooked a dish or 2 too many.  But we had a crowd and everyone enjoyed everything.  I made the best turkey I've ever made, I have to say.  It was sooo moist and tender. 

Yesterday I got together with my best friend.  We went out for lunch and I had a big, fresh salad, which was excellent.  Then we walked around an antique mall just looking around.  I spend $3.84 on a couple of little things (neither for me).

It's been great sleeping in my own bed (our queen bed is now at my mom's since the guest room had a twin bed) and cuddling with my dogs.  Jordan isn't a lap dog - she's far too independent for that.  But we've done a lot of playing and hugging.  I can tell she's missed me as much as I have missed her.

It's been a great visit and it's going to be very tough to go back to Ft. L, away from family & friends.  But you do what you have to do sometimes.  Ah, the joys of adulthood. :-)

Take care and I will get back to regular posting next week!

No comments: