Sunday, May 04, 2014

A little bit closer to settled

Hello there.

The weather was lovely and we got a lot done this weekend.  Took some stuff over to the storage unit, and took a couple of things out.  Planned meals & grocery shopped.  Got a bit more organized around here.  That sort of thing.

Hub has been offered a full time job.  It's 4 hours away, but 12 hour shifts, so he would be home 3 days each week.  The pay and benefits are really good, so he is going to give it a try and see how it works.  It isn't ideal, but nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?  At this point he's doing temp work, and is out of town anyway.

Work is still going well, busy and I'm learning a lot.  The folks are nice, but it's kinda tough being the new person.  I'm used to having some good friends at work and I don't have that yet.  But things are pretty good.

Next weekend we are going to Wilmington to visit our son & his girlfriend, and we are stopping in Raleigh on the way to have brunch with a very dear friend, so that will be really nice.  I'm looking forward to having more time to hang out with friends.

I can't check internet at work and I'm busy, so I apologize for not commenting.  I'm trying to catch up on blogs.  I miss reading about you guys!

Take care!

1 comment:

Gwen said...

Nice to hear from you, Neca!

Hope hub's new job works out, and enjoy next weekend!