Tuesday, June 05, 2018
Just one book
If you could recommend just one book on diet, nutrition, exercise, losing weight, etc. to a friend, do you have one? I mean, a book that's your "go to" for advice on getting healthier?
Long before I had "that book", I had the website. If there were one blog and one book I could recommend to a friend, I have one of each - they're from the same gal: Tracy Reifkind.
Tracy started writing on her blog Living my physical potential back in 2007. She described the diet & exercise combo that helped her lose over 120 pounds. Near the end of 2008 she moved to a new blog Food and thought where she continued to chronicle her food & exercise program through 2015. After that she didn't really continue blogging (at least publicly), although she still teaches at the gym she & her husband own.
She published her book in 2013, and really it's just a better organized documenting of the food & exercise program she developed and follows.
Tracy really created and perfected the technique of using the kettlebell swing to get an awesome HIIT workout with weight training benefit. Her diet advice is common sense. Her straightforward approach might not appeal to everyone, but she's very matter of fact about what she accomplished and what anyone else can as well. She has also created several training and workout videos also.
I keep coming back to kettlebells as a quick, efficient, convenient way to get my weight training in while getting a terrific cardio workout at the same time. Tracy's recipes inspire me to strive to get more vegetables in my diet.
I hope you have a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment