Wednesday, June 27, 2018

The blues


I am feeling down. There are a lot of reasons. Yesterday I read a Forbes article: Veterans Sustain Two Serious Defeats From Trump And The House To VA Health Care. It just leaves me so depressed. I mean, I certainly don't have a pension. I've saved for retirement, but we've both been divorced and raised kids, so we're hardly millionaires. Like most folks, we are depending on social security (which we've paid into since we were teenagers!) and medicare - both of which the government seems determined to gut. But the thing with the VA gets me steaming mad because so many in DC are so quick to wrap themselves in the flag and talk patriotism, but when it comes to actually keeping the promises they made to service members? As if. Ugh. OK, enough with current events.

T slept through the night (I think for the second time) with his CPAP last night. So far he doesn't seem to be seeing any improvement. I'm trying to be patient. But all his big plans for the summer seem to be as absent as his current motivation. I'm trying to be supportive, but it's frustrating.

I can't say I feel very motivated right now, but that's ok. My determination remains high, and I continue to push through. Last night I had an evening snack: 1 oz. nuts and a glass of seltzer water. That's typical. I went from maybe drinking a 12 pack of beer over the course of a week to maybe having 1 once a week. Snacks are planned and tracked. Weekends are not an excuse to "fall off the wagon." I don't always feel like doing it, but I keep on. I saw another new (this time around) low today. Last time I had a recorded weight this low? March 20, 2015. Three years, 3 months. That feels really good.

For today's motivation:


Lol. Take care.

2 comments:

*My Stalker Is Fat* said...

I feel that way about not just our government but the military itself. My brother and my husband served in the military, and the way they got screwed over is shameful, considering all they have sacrificed for this country. Don't get me started!

neca said...

I hear ya. I have a service connected disability and use my VA regularly.