Friday, October 25, 2019

My Venezia jeans


I wore my size 14 ancient Venezia jeans yesterday and they were very loose. Those jeans are ancient - from the days before they added spandex to jeans, so they have zero stretch. So maybe I'm getting smaller even though I'm not really losing much weight? I dunno.

Here is my weight chart for the last few months:

06/21/19 151.7 -1.7
06/28/19 152.4 0.7
07/05/19 152.5 0.1
07/12/19 151.6 -0.9
07/19/19 149.6 -2.0
07/26/19 151.5 1.9
08/02/19    
08/09/19 154.1 2.6
08/16/19 155.2 1.1
08/23/19 153.6 -1.6
08/30/19 153.5 -0.1
09/06/19 153.4 -0.1
09/13/19 151.3 -2.1
09/20/19 152.0 0.7
09/27/19 149.4 -2.6
10/04/19 150.9 1.5
10/11/19 151.0 0.1
10/18/19 150.4 -0.6
10/25/19 149.4 -1.0

So basically 4 months to lose 2 pounds. When I look at it that way, I get really demoralized! Then I think of the stuff that has gone on and the fact that I have maintained my loss - that's pretty good! There are 9 weeks left in the year - I won't get to goal. OTOH, there isn't a finish line, this is my life and I just need to keep making forward progress - including learning how to deal with stress in healthier ways to successfully maintain the weight I have lost.

I'm just feeling 2 minds of the whole thing I guess.

I need to fire my cleaning gal and I hate it but there is also that. :-(  She's the daughter of a friend but it just isn't working out and instead of being a help it's become still yet even another source of stress in my life and frankly I have enough of those without voluntarily taking more on. T says he will do it but realistically he won't so I need to find someone else. Ugh.

Tomorrow I am going to the gym and then just doing stuff around the house. Sunday I am helping make lunch at church - I haven't done that since we re-opened so I am excited about that. Volunteering brings me joy.

Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exercise will make us smaller. Diet helps us lose weight & exercise helps make the weight take up less space. I love these types of non-scale victories.

Paula C

Mrs Swan said...

Yes girl! Them 14 jeans are more like a size 10/12 nowadays IMHO

I have some of those old ass jeans in 16 so I completely know what I say. LOL

I cannot believe I have held onto them for over 20 yrs, to be honest. LOL

9 weeks. Wow, thanks for that!!

You are rocking it even if you don't feel like it sometimes!