Friday, October 23, 2020

What we're doing (and why)

 I have regained a good chuck of weight since the end of March, and my husband has as well. It hasn't been a straight trajectory - I've made an effort. But the combination of no gym, no dress code, no social interaction, and every kind of stress imaginable has made it an uphill battle.

He finally indicated a readiness to lose weight. We aren't always on the same page, but this is something I wanted us to do together. For that reason I told him to pick a diet and I would do it with him for at least 30 days. My rationale was that even if it wasn't the diet for me, at least I would understand how to feed him. Part of our challenge is his schedule at work coupled with the fact that he works in a restaurant. It would actually be a health code violation for him to take home prepared food in! So that meant packaged food for him during the day. 

You guessed it - we're on Medifast (only now it's rebranded Optavia). He has used it in the past and lost 80 pounds. He regained a chunk after he & his ex split, then lost a good chunk, then (with me during covid) regained some. But he knows it works, is doable with his job, and he knows what to expect. Like I said, I agreed to try whatever he wanted for 30 days. We're on day 4. My energy is beginning to make a comeback but I'm still hungry. Having said that, I'm NOT starving and miserable. I will keep you guys posted!

Oh, and I am trying out the local CrossFit gym - I gotta do something for my sanity!

No comments: