So a thing happened this weekend.
Pepper is a 5 year old chihuahua min pin mix. He's been at the foster agency since September of 2017. Prospective puppy parents were either put off my his energy & chihuahua aggression (he can be a brat) or they were much older folks looking for a little potato dog. Foster mom has had this guy out on 3 mile runs, so potato he is not!
We are all adjusting, but he & Susie seem to have really hit it off. Last night I sat on the sofa with tears streaming down my face. Getting a new dog was like admitting Jordan is really gone. (Yes, I know that's irrational.) I have never grieved the loss of a pet like this. But we are a good fit for this guy and I think he will settle in nicely.
Mrs Swan - I did like in Florida for a while! I was transferred down there for work, but ultimately moved back to NC.
It was a decent weekend - I was just beginning to get a hang of this morning routine when this little guy came into our lives and now I have to figure it all out again! Oh well. :-) I did walk the dogs at butt crack dark thirty and rode the exercise bike for 20 minutes so far today!
Take care.




2 comments:
Pepper is so cute! I understand feeling sad after bringing home a new dog. When I got this cat, after my sweet kitty died, I felt guilty, like I was disrespecting his memory. Grief does odd things to our heads, I guess. I bet he is happy to have a home and to be cared for and to have a dog buddy :)
So I am not completely crazy then. LOL
I do faintly remember your hubby going somewhere ahead of you and then you going on later I think. So that must have been when you left.
Nice to meet you Pepper. :)
Post a Comment