Monday, March 15, 2021

Back

 Good morning.

Been back from vacation for a while, but things here have been hectic! T's job is CRAZY right now, which takes a certain toll on both of us. My job isn't as crazy, but it has its own stresses these days. Currently my mom is here - she has a doctor appointment (she kept her ortho and eye doctor up here rather than switching to new ones). So she's visiting a few days as well. 

We are working with Pepper (the "new" dog). The gal at the rescue has a trainer she works with and Jennifer (trainer) is working with us for free to help get over some potty (marking) issues. He's a sweet guy, but a bit of a project right now! (Just what I needed - not.)

I'm trying to focus on baby steps - right now the exercise bike and weights have fallen by the wayside, but I am walking multiple times a day (thanks Pepper!) and keeping an eye on my food. I realized I didn't record my weight for 4 weeks (I record my weight on Fridays and have for years - although with some gaps). I've been overwhelmed by a lot of things and I am trying hard to prioritize and break things down into manageable tasks/ goals. Self care is a priority - but pushing myself to get more fit isn't necessarily topping my list.

In some really good news, I got my second covid vaccine Friday and my husband got his last Wednesday. So that provides a measure of relief and excitement.

Take care.

No comments: