Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Happy holidays, kinda

 As you can imagine, my holidays have been a mixed bag so far. Thanksgiving was nice (fresh oysters at my son's), mom's birthday yesterday was great (we all took the day off work to do fun things!), my good friend Cathy came for a few days.

But my spouse is living in the guest room and although he says he wants our marriage, his actions indicate he misses his mommy taking care of him. And that ship has sailed. I don't really want to go through a divorce and I'm not in a big rush. But this is just a lull while I sort stuff out - not a long term go forward plan.

Sigh.

Take care y'all.

2 comments:

Mrs Swan said...

I'm sorry! I am glad that at least yall are in separate rooms. Hopefully, that makes it easier. He needs to act like a roommate though and not expect you to do all the stuff you used to so.

Straighten My Crown said...

Maybe a break away from it all, just for yourself, would be good. Time to think. Breathe. I don't know, that is just what I would want, anyway. I hope things get better for you soon.