If I’m Making a Smart Choice, Why do I feel like a Loser???
So, this morning I told my husband I was not going to do the Baltimore marathon. I feel like a total loser. I don’t think I can get my mileage up by Oct 16th, and I do not want to injure myself trying. I can always sign up for a marathon in the spring. So why do I feel like a failure?
My house is a wreck from post vacation cleaning & re-packing. Son just started back to school yesterday. There is so much going on here, I definitely need some time to ease back into things. I know that’s being reasonable, but I still feel like I’m copping out.
The last 2 beers in the house got consumed last night by me & hubby. No more for a while. I started my supplements for my neurotransmitters and for my thyroid. I am trying to get my eating cleaned back up. I want to get the new schedule from the gym and actually take some classes. Right now I want to focus on my eating and getting in a good variety of exercise, and honestly I’ve been so focused on mileage I feel like I haven’t been really doing either of those things. I want to lose some of this weight!
Ugh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think that's a very realistic and smart approach. Maybe you're just getting burned out on the running and needing to change things up a little bit. By the spring training season, you should be more motivated to get back to running after taking a break. My $0.02 anyway. Good luck with the weight loss...but don't get stuck on a number. I should take that advice too.
Post a Comment