It’s always something
Things in my little corner of the world are bumbling along. We are headed to Wilmington Sunday for Ginger’s funeral, so I am planning to take a half day off tomorrow so I’m not trying to cram too many chores into too little time this weekend.
One the food front: I’ve been beer-free for about 2 weeks now. That has to be a good thing. I am working on my emotional eating and nighttime snacking, both of which are improving. Next week I plan to continue to work on the snacking and also look to cut back on diet soda. I am hoping that by cleaning up my food intake, the weight will eventually follow.
Exercise? Not so much. I may still have a sinus infection or something hanging on because I just still feel really low energy. To make matters worse, my schedule got a bit off track while I was sick and I’m not getting up early enough to jog in the mornings. I need to re-align my schedule this weekend. I have to see my doctor in a couple of weeks – if I’m still feeling draggy then I’ll talk to her.
House: We are talking about using part of my bonus money next month to remodel our hall bathroom, which is stuck in the 80s. It’s better than when I bought the house – the horrid linoleum is gone and I covered the mauve velvet roses wall paper, but it’s a little nondescript beige box. My son first proposed the idea, and hub and I agreed it would be a good investment in the home. But of course our vacuum died this morning, and with loads of carpet + 3 dogs, a good vacuum is a necessity. I am not willing to spend money I don’t have, especially since this is a nice to do, but not a necessity given that we don’t plan to sell for several years.
Overall, I give myself a “B”. Trying not to get discouraged by the stuck scale, and take pride in the accomplishments I am making.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
A stuck scale is better than one that keeps going upwards! Take pride in the accomplishments that you acheive, not depressed from those that you don't! Have a safe trip on Sunday.
I highly recommend the Dyson Animal vacuum for pet owners. ;)
Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment