Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A great run and some great reads

Despite not setting the alarm clock (I can’t believe I forgot!), I woke up at 5:32 am. I woke up the hubster, got dressed, and we hit the road. My husband walks, and that’s not enough of a workout for me. What I’ve started doing is to walk with him a bit, then when I get to my running spot I jog ahead, turn around and sprint back, and then walk a bit. It gets him up and out, we get to talk, and we both get in a workout of sufficient difficulty. It poured yesterday (by the time I got to my car my underwear were wet, and that was with an umbrella!). But this morning it was nice and it felt good to be outside.

I have a couple of links I want to share – these are things I’ve read to day that have inspired me. And VJ had a great new mantra “feed the goal”. Indeed.

Merry Christmas Bob

June's rant

I totally wanted a beer last night, but stuck with my faux Milwaukee. Beer doesn’t feed my goal, it feeds my paunch. Eating is going good. House projects are on track to wrap up this weekend. My head is back and I feel determined.

Have a good one.

2 comments:

Jank said...

Ah, the great summer "showers..."

Feed the goal. Like it.

Jack said...

I like the idea of the run and walk routine with your husband - I'll have to suggest that to my wife. Feed the goal, that's great!