Thursday, June 29, 2006

Progress continues

This morning I climbed up on that damndable ladder for the final time and finished the celtic knotwork in the kitchen (pictures to follow)! It feels awesome to have that project put to bed.

I remain beer free! Although I was sorely tempted last night. We’d turned around to rescue a huge snapping turtle out of the road, and got there just in time to watch another car kill it. We were all very upset, especially the boy. He loves animal so much, and to see something that large get killed up close was very disturbing – for all of us.

Martial arts was good last night – we worked on getting out from under a side mount. I have a bruised knee, a raw elbow, and a bloody toe. But it felt so darn good to be back there. I have no idea why I enjoy this stuff, but I do.

I was whipped this morning! And sore. But I got up and did a very quick run – something is better than nothing, right? I felt too lazy to make my oatmeal for my morning snack, so I grabbed 2 protein bars for my 2 snacks. Even though I don’t like it, I need to go back to the cottage cheese (blech!). It’s a cheap, convenient, lowcal source of nearly pure protein. And I need to be eating “real food” – not bars or shakes. I have a hard time with protein in my snacks – meals are no problem. But who wants to heat up a snack? I’m not that wild about canned chicken (cold chicken breast is okay but it gets old quick), canned tuna gets old, I can only eat so many eggs… Maybe I’ll alternate weeks between the cottage cheese and the protein bars.

Food is going fine. I know because I am hungry. Not starving ever, but when I left the dinner table last night I knew I could eat that same portion of food again. I had plenty, but I was nowhere near full. I wake up hungry. My tummy is rumbling by lunch. I take that as a good sign. I’m not letting myself remain hungry – I’m eating every 2-3 hours. But if you never feel hunger, then you’re probably eating too much IMO.

Unfortunately, the dojo is closed Friday through Tuesday for the holiday. I never even think about this stuff since I work pretty much every holiday except Thanksgiving and Christmas. I was peeved! Luckily I have 24 hour access to my gym, so I can always go there. Ha!

Have a groovy day!

No comments: