Tuesday, August 29, 2006

This house is clean!!

No, not of poltergeists – I got rid of the cheese dip and 2 beers that were lurking in the fridge. Okay, it wasn’t a healthy dinner exactly… In any case, the crap is out of the house – I threw the taco chips in the trash this morning. I got up and ran, and I have my weight training log so I can write out what I’m doing at the gym this afternoon. This is very much going to be a baby step, one day at a time process for me until I get back into my routines. Food during the day is under control, I’m back waking up at 5 am, and I have healthy dinners planned for the week.

I stayed up until nearly 10 last night doing cross stitch! It’s so much fun to be doing something like that again – I’m glad I dragged it out. Tonight I have some sewing I want to work on.

It is amazingly muggy here right now – I was a fright when I got back to the house this morning!! Hair all matted to my head, face beet red…. Lots of room for improvement! But I had a good time. I added a bunch of songs to my MP3 player so we could use it in the car – time to get the driving tunes off so I don’t have to skip over them when I run.

I bought a book on the history of the Tour de France to take with me on vacation. I haven’t touched it. I glance at cyclingnews.com and just get sad. I feel a little like a kid who no longer believes in Santa. I don’t know how I’ll feel when the season starts back up next year, but right now I feel like pro cycling has been ruined for me. Which is really sad.

I've updated my weight chart in Excel. Sometimes it gets a little sad to see how long I've been at this, but then sometimes it just reminds me that this is a lifetime commitment and there is no rush.

No comments: