Kerflooey
Here is a recipe I made last night, which I found on a blog (but I don’t remember which – scale & perspective maybe?)
Smoked Sausage with Cabbage & Sweet Potatoes
1 can (13 3/4 oz) fat free chicken broth
6 oz dark beer
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp mustard seed
1 lb sweet potato, peeled and cubed
1 medium onion, diced
6 cups (firmly packed) cabbage, shredded (1 10 oz package of the pre-shredded stuff was perfect)
8 ounces turkey kielbasa (or other precooked smoked sausage), sliced and quartered
1 large apple, cored and diced
Add chicken broth and beer to a deep 12" covered skillet (I just used my dutch oven...) Stir in Dijon mustard
Add mustard seed and bring to a boil.
Add sweet potato and onion, reduce heat to medium
Cover and cook until potatoes are almost done (~5-7 minutes), stir occasionally
Add cabbage, cover and cook until potatoes are done and cabbage is tender-crisp (~10-15 minutes,) stir occasionally
Add sausage and apple, cook another 3 minutes.
I didn’t have a large apple, so I used 2 small ones – I thought that was a bit much. Actually, I might substitute carrots for the apple – the apple was a bit too sweet for my taste. But it was fast and very good.
I got up and walked this morning – it was 34. It is unseasonably cold here. I had a difficult time convincing myself to get out of bed!
Do you enjoy your evenings? I think part of the reason I go so nuts on the weekend is that my evenings aren’t very relaxing during the week. Cook, clean. Laundry, homework detail (which takes up loads of time) – maybe I get a bath & a few minutes to read. I can barely get out of bed now, so I don’t want to stay up later. I just think I’m not really winding down. Unfortunately, the hub can’t help with homework. Hmm. Must think about this one.
Work is busy – that’s mostly good but I am starting to get a bit frustrated. I am looking forward to my trip next month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment