Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Paradigm shift

One thing I like/dislike about myself is the fact that in 48 hours, my mood can turn around entirely. In other words, I am feeling much better! :-)

Within the last week 2 co-workers have had heart attacks. One is only 41 years old. As a result, I sat down and had a heart to heart (again) with my husband about exercise. I told him that like many people, we lead busy lives. But that we had to make time for exercise now, because a heart attack can happen. And with my husband’s high blood pressure, he can’t afford to be lax. He agreed, and asked me to keep nagging him. We also decided that 12 (well, in 4 months) is old enough for the boy to be left in the house for an hour while we go to the gym. We got up at 4:45 this morning and went to the gym and lifted weights. We did it! Now to keep it going.

I took a candlelit tub last night while my mom helped the boy with homework. I don’t know what I’d do without that woman!!! I hope I never have to find out.

Eating has been on track, which makes me feel so much better physically.

We offered the boy a carrot yesterday morning – his boom box. The attitude has improved.

I moved my blog to the beta, and now I’m having a hard time posting comments on other blogs. If you can’t post a note, will you drop me an email and let me know? It’s supposed to be easier to edit the look of your blog, and god knows mine needs an update – badly!

I made a yum-o breakfast!

Apple crumble

3 apples, sliced into pyrex dish.

Mix ¼ c flour, ¼ c vanilla protein powder, ½ c oats, ½ c granola, ¼ c brown sugar, and 1 tsp cinnamon. You can mix it together the night before in a baggie, so its ready to go. Then add ¼ oil (I used olive), ¼ c apple sauce, 1 tsp. vanilla and smoosh together. Put over apples & bake at 375 for 45 minutes. I topped it with vanilla yogurt.

It’s like dessert for breakfast!

That’s it – have a good one.

2 comments:

Jack said...

The apple crumble sounds good, I'll have to try it. I only have to find protein powder.

Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

I love apple crumble...yummy. Hmmm that reminds me, I've been so busy reading blogs this morning, I haven't eaten yet...ooops