Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Quotes for the day:

“Fear is your best friend or your worst enemy. It's like fire. If you can control it, it can cook for you; it can heat your house. If you can't control it, it will burn everything around you and destroy you. If you can control your fear, it makes you more alert, like a deer coming across the lawn.”

“Everyone has a plan until they get hit.”

Both by Mike Tyson.

Or good old M. Ali: “I hated every minute of the training. But I said to myself, bear the pain now and live the rest of your life as a champion."

We got up this morning and hit the gym. Right now the workouts aren’t exactly arduous – more a time for both of us to ease into a routine. But still, it feels good doing it. The boy laid back down when we got home! :-O

Had to make a mad dash to the grocery store before breakfast (the cat doesn’t like the new brand of litter and expressed her displeasure by taking a poo on his floor) – why doesn’t the convenience store carry cat litter? That’s not very convenient! Pulled into the garage and discovered that I had hit a frog as I pulled in. Yes, I cried.

I got on the scale again today (not the one in the nurse’s office which I used yesterday, but the one in the hall) and it said the same thing it did last week. Either it’s a couple of pounds lighter than the nurse’s, or I lost 3 pounds in a day. I have been doing quite well with my eating and exercise, but I need to (of course, as always) keep a closer eye on the weekend.

I am still feeling a million times better than I was – I am very glad I got off that medicine. I’m sure it helps some people, but it was doing me more harm than good. Yes, I still get angry and cranky, but not as badly. I do think the exercise helps, and now that I’m off the medicine, I can feel it helping. Which makes it easier to keep at it.

We walked the dogs last night – the exercise seems to be helping Chyna. She walks great on a leash and it seems to give her a sense of purpose. Whatever the reason, she is being less aggressive with the other dogs. We are still keeping Bess inside though just to be sure.

I am tired of the heat, but I hope it lasts a little longer. My mom is pushing me to go shopping for some fall clothes, but the thought is enough to send me running for the cheese dip. Maybe I'll feel better about it in a couple of weeks once I'm firmly back on the exercise train.

No comments: