Rescue Me
I am apparently allergic to Washington DC. While I normally don’t have much in the way of allergy issues, something this past weekend got them started. Luckily, some Zyrtec and a nap helped. And washing them out with salt water.
Anyway, yesterday afternoon we took ourselves and my mom’s rat terrier, our jack russell, and Butchie (our beagle/bassett/boxer) up to the lake. Our destination was a small island out in the lake where we could beach the boat and let the dogs off to play and us to swim.
We were about halfway there (and out in the center of the lake) when Butchie jumped over the side of the boat and into the water! Without missing a beat, the boy rolled off the side of the boat and into the water after him. I turned the boat around and headed back to pick them up. Butch was doing a pretty good job of swimming, although he was headed to shore rather than the boat. Getting him back in the boat was a bit of a trick (he’s about 60 pounds!). But everyone was okay.
Once we got to the island, all the dogs would wade out into the water to where we were, but no actual swimming occurred. I think Butch had had enough for one day!
Good times. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment